Mobile Medical Technology at AUA in San Francisco May 18-21.
May 17, 2018
The American Urological Association (AUA) stands at the forefront of developing innovative, evidence-based urologic education for urologists and urologic health care professionals worldwide. This year's annual meeting includes several presentations regarding technologies that HealthTronics provides on a mobile basis.
ESWL: Fewer Days Off Work and Fewer ER Visits
- Patients treated with ESWL required only 3 days off work. URS patients required almost 8 (read abstract).
- Only 7.5% went to the ER within 30 days compared to 10.6% for URS and 13.2% for PCNL (read abstract).
Cryoablation: Incontinence and ADT Minimal
- Only 16.5% of primary whole-gland prostate cryoablation patients had urinary incontinence after 0-9 months and 3.6% after 10-12 months (read abstract).
- After 12 months follow-up, 80% of salvage prostate cryoablation patients remained ADT-free (read abstract).
PVP: Continues to Demonstrate Good Results
- At 5 years, PSA, IPSS, QoL, and PVR dropped by 59.7%, 75.2%, 78.72%, and 84.4%, respectively (read abstract).
- Antegrade ejaculation was preserved in 90.7% of patients at 1-3 months and this rate remained constant until 24-36 months (read abstract).
Cryoablation is a technology that uses small ice crystals to kill cancer cells with extreme cold. Endocare, Inc., a subsidiary of HealthTronics, Inc., manufactures the leading cryotherapy treatment devices for urologic applications.